Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Cheeks of a block (0.00854 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Cheeks of a block.
English → English
Definition: Cheeks of a block
(ch[=e]k), n. [OE. cheke, cheoke, AS. ce[`a]ce,
ce[`o]ce; cf. Goth. kukjan to kiss, D. kaak cheek; perh. akin
to E. chew, jaw.]
1. The side of the face below the eye.
2. The cheek bone. [Obs.] --Caucer.
3. pl. (Mech.) Those pieces of a machine, or of any timber,
or stone work, which form corresponding sides, or which
are similar and in pair; as, the cheeks (jaws) of a vise;
the cheeks of a gun carriage, etc.
4. pl. The branches of a bridle bit. --Knight.
5. (Founding) A section of a flask, so made that it can be
moved laterally, to permit the removal of the pattern from
the mold; the middle part of a flask.
6. Cool confidence; assurance; impudence. [Slang]
Cheek of beef
. See Illust. of Beef
(Anat.) the bone of the side of the face; esp.,
the malar bone.
Cheek by jowl
, side by side; very intimate.
(Zo["o]l.), a sacklike dilation of the cheeks
of certain monkeys and rodents, used for holding food.
Cheeks of a block
, the two sides of the shell of a tackle
Cheeks of a mast
, the projection on each side of a mast,
upon which the trestletrees rest.
(Anat.), a hinder or molar tooth.
. See under Butment