Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Checked(0.01024 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Checked.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: held back from some action especially by force [syn: curbed]
2: patterned with alternating squares of color [syn: checkered,
English → English (gcide)
Check \Check\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Checked (ch[e^]kt); p. pr.
& vb. n. checking.]
1. (Chess) To make a move which puts an adversary's piece,
esp. his king, in check; to put in check.
2. To put a sudden restraint upon; to stop temporarily; to
hinder; to repress; to curb. Hence, (Ice Hockey) To
obstruct the motion of an opposing player by contacting
him with one's body.
[1913 Webster +PJC]
So many clogs to check and retard the headlong
course of violence and oppression. --Burke.
3. To verify, to guard, to make secure, by means of a mark,
token, or other check; to distinguish by a check; to put a
mark against (an item) after comparing with an original or
a counterpart in order to secure accuracy. Hence, To
compare with an original or with some standard, to insure
correctness; as, to check an account; to check with a
supervisor about procedures.
[1913 Webster +PJC]
4. To chide, rebuke, or reprove.
The good king, his master, will check him for it.
5. (Naut.) To slack or ease off, as a brace which is too
6. To make checks or chinks in; to cause to crack; as, the
sun checks timber.
7. To leave (something) in the temporary custody of another;
as, to check baggage; to check one's firearms at the door;
to check one's coat at the cloakroom.
8. To accept (something) for temporary custody from another;
as, to check a customer's baggage; to check a customer's
9. To make a checkered pattern upon.
Syn: To restrain; curb; bridle; repress; control; hinder;
impede; obstruct; interrupt; tally; rebuke; reprove;