Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Characterized(0.01096 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Characterized.
English → English (WordNet)
adj : of the meaning of words or concepts; stated precisely [syn:
English → English (gcide)
Characterize \Char"ac*ter*ize\, v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Characterized; p. pr. & vb. n. Characterizing.] [LL.
characterizare, Gr. ?: cf. F. charact['e]riser.]
1. To make distinct and recognizable by peculiar marks or
traits; to make with distinctive features.
European, Asiatic, Chinese, African, and Grecian
faces are Characterized. --Arbuthnot.
2. To engrave or imprint. [Obs.] --Sir M. Hale.
3. To indicate the character of; to describe.
Under the name of Tamerlane he intended to
characterize King William. --Johnson.
4. To be a characteristic of; to make, or express the
The softness and effeminacy which characterize the
men of rank in most countries. --W. Irving.
5. (Chem.) to identify the structure or nature of; as, the
antibiotic activity in the sample was characterized by
HPLC, and proved to be erythromycin.
Syn: To describe; distinguish; mark; designate; style;