Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Chaplet(0.00918 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Chaplet.
English → English (WordNet)
n : flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage
or flowers for ornamental purposes [syn: wreath, garland,
English → English (gcide)
Chaplet \Chap"let\, n. [F. chapelet, dim. of OF. chapel hat,
garland, dim. fr. LL. cappa. See Cap, and cf. Chapelet,
1. A garland or wreath to be worn on the head.
2. A string of beads, or part of a string, used by Roman
Catholic in praying; a third of a rosary, or fifty beads.
Her chaplet of beads and her missal. --Longfellow.
3. (Arch.) A small molding, carved into beads, pearls,
4. (Man.) A chapelet. See Chapelet, 1.
5. (Founding) A bent piece of sheet iron, or a pin with thin
plates on its ends, for holding a core in place in the
6. A tuft of feathers on a peacock's head. --Johnson.
Chaplet \Chap"let\, n.
A small chapel or shrine.
Chaplet \Chap"let\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Chapleted.]
To adorn with a chaplet or with flowers. --R. Browning.