Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Changeling(0.01999 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Changeling.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a person of subnormal intelligence [syn: idiot, imbecile,
cretin, moron, half-wit, retard]
2: a child secretly exchanged for another in infancy
English → English (gcide)
Changeling \Change"ling\, a.
1. Taken or left in place of another; changed. “A little
changeling boy.” --Shak.
2. Given to change; inconstant. [Obs.]
Some are so studiously changeling. --Boyle.
Changeling \Change"ling\, n. [Change + -ling.]
1. One who, or that which, is left or taken in the place of
another, as a child exchanged by fairies.
Such, men do changelings call, so changed by
fairies' theft. --Spenser.
The changeling [a substituted writing] never known.
2. A simpleton; an idiot. --Macaulay.
Changelings and fools of heaven, and thence shut
Wildly we roam in discontent about. --Dryden.
3. One apt to change; a waverer. “Fickle changelings.”