Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Centropristis atrarius (0.01007 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Centropristis atrarius.
English → English
Definition: Centropristis atrarius
Sea bass \Sea" bass`\
(a) A large marine food fish (Serranus atrarius
) which abounds on the Atlantic
coast of the United States. It is dark bluish, with black
bands, and more or less varied with small white spots and
blotches. Called also, locally, blue bass
, black sea bass
, and black perch
(b) A California food fish (Cynoscion nobile
); -- called
also white sea bass
, and sea salmon
1. (Zo["o]l.) A small kind of whale, of the genus
, of several species. The most common is
. Also sometimes applied to other
whales of larger size.
2. (Zo["o]l.) The tautog of New England (Tautoga
3. (Zo["o]l.) The black sea bass (Centropristis atrarius
of the Atlantic coast. It is excellent food fish; --
locally called also black Harry
4. (Zo["o]l.) A fish of southern Europe (Centrolophus pompilus
) of the Mackerel family.
5. (Zo["o]l.) The female salmon in the spawning season.
Note: The name is locally applied to other fishes.