Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Canker (0.01303 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Canker.
English → Indonesian
English → English
n : an ulceration (especially of the lips or lining of the
v 1: become infected with a canker
2: infect with a canker
English → English
(k[a^][ng]"k[~e]r), n. [OE. canker, cancre, AS.
cancer (akin to D. kanker, OHG chanchar.), fr. L. cancer a
cancer; or if a native word, cf. Gr. ? excrescence on tree, ?
gangrene. Cf. also OF. cancre, F. chancere, fr. L. cancer.
, and cf. Chancre
1. A corroding or sloughing ulcer; esp. a spreading
gangrenous ulcer or collection of ulcers in or about the
mouth; -- called also water canker
, canker of the mouth
, and noma
2. Anything which corrodes, corrupts, or destroy.
The cankers of envy and faction. --Temple.
3. (Hort.) A disease incident to trees, causing the bark to
rot and fall off.
4. (Far.) An obstinate and often incurable disease of a
horse's foot, characterized by separation of the horny
portion and the development of fungoid growths; -- usually
resulting from neglected thrush.
5. A kind of wild, worthless rose; the dog-rose.
To put down Richard, that sweet lovely rose.
And plant this thorm, this canker, Bolingbroke.
. See under Black
(k[a^][ng]"k[~e]r), v. t. [imp. & p. p.
(-k[~e]rd); p. pr. & vb. n. Cankering
1. To affect as a canker; to eat away; to corrode; to
No lapse of moons can canker Love. --Tennyson.
2. To infect or pollute; to corrupt. --Addison.
A tithe purloined cankers the whole estate.
, v. i.
1. To waste away, grow rusty, or be oxidized, as a mineral.
Silvering will sully and canker more than gliding.
2. To be or become diseased, or as if diseased, with canker;
to grow corrupt; to become venomous.
Deceit and cankered malice. --Dryden.
As with age his body uglier grows,
So his mind cankers. --Shak.