Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Calves(0.01162 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Calves.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: young of domestic cattle
2: the muscular back part of the shank [syn: sura]
3: fine leather from the skin of a calf [syn: calfskin]
4: young of various large placental mammals e.g. whale or
giraffe or elephant or buffalo
[also: calves (pl)]
English → English (gcide)
Calf \Calf\, n.; pl. Calves. [OE. calf, kelf, AS. cealf; akin
to D. kalf, G. kalb, Icel. k[=a]lfr, Sw. kalf, Dan. kalv,
Goth. kalb[=o]; cf. Skr. garbha fetus, young, Gr. ?????, Skr
grabh to seize, conceive, Ir. colpa, colpach, a calf.
1. The young of the cow, or of the Bovine family of
quadrupeds. Also, the young of some other mammals, as of
the elephant, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, and whale.
2. Leather made of the skin of the calf; especially, a fine,
light-colored leather used in bookbinding; as, to bind
books in calf.
3. An awkward or silly boy or young man; any silly person; a
Some silly, doting, brainless calf. --Drayton.
4. A small island near a larger; as, the Calf of Man.
5. A small mass of ice set free from the submerged part of a
glacier or berg, and rising to the surface. --Kane.
6. [Cf. Icel. k[=a]lfi.] The fleshy hinder part of the leg
below the knee.
Calf's-foot jelly, jelly made from the feet of calves. The
gelatinous matter of the feet is extracted by boiling, and
is flavored with sugar, essences, etc.