Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Broken weather (0.01010 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Broken weather.
English → English
Definition: Broken weather
(br[=o]"k'n), a. [From Break
, v. t.]
1. Separated into parts or pieces by violence; divided into
fragments; as, a broken chain or rope; a broken dish.
2. Disconnected; not continuous; also, rough; uneven; as, a
3. Fractured; cracked; disunited; sundered; strained; apart;
as, a broken reed; broken friendship.
4. Made infirm or weak, by disease, age, or hardships.
The one being who remembered him as he been before
his mind was broken. --G. Eliot.
The broken soldier, kindly bade to stay,
Sat by his fire, and talked the night away.
5. Subdued; humbled; contrite.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit. --Ps. li.
6. Subjugated; trained for use, as a horse.
7. Crushed and ruined as by something that destroys hope;
blighted. “Her broken love and life.”
8. Not carried into effect; not adhered to; violated; as, a
broken promise, vow, or contract; a broken law.
9. Ruined financially; incapable of redeeming promises made,
or of paying debts incurred; as, a broken bank; a broken
10. Imperfectly spoken, as by a foreigner; as, broken
English; imperfectly spoken on account of emotion; as, to
say a few broken words at parting.
Amidst the broken words and loud weeping of those
grave senators. --Macaulay.
(a) (Mil.) Rough or uneven ground; as, the troops were
retarded in their advance by broken ground.
(b) Ground recently opened with the plow.
(Geom.), the straight lines which join a number
of given points taken in some specified order.
, fragments of meat or other food.
, a fraction.
, unsettled weather.