Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Brake bar (0.01089 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Brake bar.
English → English
Definition: Brake bar
(br[=a]k), n. [OE. brake; cf. LG. brake an
instrument for breaking flax, G. breche, fr. the root of E.
break. See Break, v. t., and cf. Breach
1. An instrument or machine to break or bruise the woody part
of flax or hemp so that it may be separated from the
2. An extended handle by means of which a number of men can
unite in working a pump, as in a fire engine.
3. A baker's kneading though. --Johnson.
4. A sharp bit or snaffle.
Pampered jades . . . which need nor break nor bit.
5. A frame for confining a refractory horse while the smith
is shoeing him; also, an inclosure to restrain cattle,
A horse . . . which Philip had bought . . . and
because of his fierceness kept him within a brake of
iron bars. --J. Brende.
6. That part of a carriage, as of a movable battery, or
engine, which enables it to turn.
7. (Mil.) An ancient engine of war analogous to the crossbow
8. (Agric.) A large, heavy harrow for breaking clods after
plowing; a drag.
9. A piece of mechanism for retarding or stopping motion by
friction, as of a carriage or railway car, by the pressure
of rubbers against the wheels, or of clogs or ratchets
against the track or roadway, or of a pivoted lever
against a wheel or drum in a machine.
10. (Engin.) An apparatus for testing the power of a steam
engine, or other motor, by weighing the amount of
friction that the motor will overcome; a friction brake.
11. A cart or carriage without a body, used in breaking in
12. An ancient instrument of torture. --Holinshed.
. See Air brake
, in the Vocabulary.
or Brake bar
, the beam that connects the brake
blocks of opposite wheels.
(a) The part of a brake holding the brake shoe.
(b) A brake shoe.
or Brake rubber
, the part of a brake against
which the wheel rubs.
, a wheel on the platform or top of a car by
which brakes are operated.
. See under Continuous