Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Bounty jumper (0.00987 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Bounty jumper.
English → English
Definition: Bounty jumper
1. One who, or that which, jumps.
2. A long drilling tool used by masons and quarrymen.
3. A rude kind of sleigh; -- usually, a simple box on runners
which are in one piece with the poles that form the
thills. [U.S.] --J. F. Cooper.
4. (Zo["o]l.) The larva of the cheese fly. See Cheese fly
5. (Eccl.) A name applied in the 18th century to certain
Calvinistic Methodists in Wales whose worship was
characterized by violent convulsions.
6. (Horology) spring to impel the star wheel, also a pawl to
lock fast a wheel, in a repeating timepiece.
. See in the Vocabulary.
. See under Bounty
, n.; pl. Bounties
. [OE. bounte goodness,
kindness, F. bont['e], fr. L. bonitas, fr. bonus good, for
older duonus; cf. Skr. duvas honor, respect.]
1. Goodness, kindness; virtue; worth. [Obs.]
Nature set in her at once beauty with bounty.
2. Liberality in bestowing gifts or favors; gracious or
liberal giving; generosity; munificence.
My bounty is as boundless as the sea. --Shak.
3. That which is given generously or liberally. “Thy morning
4. A premium offered or given to induce men to enlist into
the public service; or to encourage any branch of
industry, as husbandry or manufactures.
, one who, during the latter part of the Civil
War, enlisted in the United States service, and deserted
as soon as possible after receiving the bounty. [Collog.]
Queen Anne's bounty
(Eng. Hist.), a provision made in Queen
Anne's reign for augmenting poor clerical livings.
Syn: Munificence; generosity; beneficence.