Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Boot closer(0.00848 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Boot closer.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Boot closer
Boot \Boot\, n. [OE. bote, OF. bote, F. botte, LL. botta; of
1. A covering for the foot and lower part of the leg,
ordinarily made of leather.
2. An instrument of torture for the leg, formerly used to
extort confessions, particularly in Scotland.
So he was put to the torture, which in Scotland they
call the boots; for they put a pair of iron boots
close on the leg, and drive wedges between them and
the leg. --Bp. Burnet.
3. A place at the side of a coach, where attendants rode;
also, a low outside place before and behind the body of
the coach. [Obs.]
4. A place for baggage at either end of an old-fashioned
5. An apron or cover (of leather or rubber cloth) for the
driving seat of a vehicle, to protect from rain and mud.
6. (Plumbing) The metal casing and flange fitted about a pipe
where it passes through a roof.
Boot catcher, the person at an inn whose business it was to
pull off boots and clean them. [Obs.] --Swift.
Boot closer, one who, or that which, sews the uppers of
Boot crimp, a frame or device used by bootmakers for
drawing and shaping the body of a boot.
Boot hook, a hook with a handle, used for pulling on boots.
Boots and saddles (Cavalry Tactics), the trumpet call which
is the first signal for mounted drill.
Sly boots. See Slyboots, in the Vocabulary.