Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Bolt and nut(0.01082 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Bolt and nut.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Bolt and nut
Bolt \Bolt\, n. [AS. bolt; akin to Icel. bolti, Dan. bolt, D.
bout, OHG. bolz, G. bolz, bolzen; of uncertain origin.]
1. A shaft or missile intended to be shot from a crossbow or
catapult, esp. a short, stout, blunt-headed arrow; a
quarrel; an arrow, or that which resembles an arrow; a
Look that the crossbowmen lack not bolts. --Sir W.
A fool's bolt is soon shot. --Shak.
2. Lightning; a thunderbolt.
3. A strong pin, of iron or other material, used to fasten or
hold something in place, often having a head at one end
and screw thread cut upon the other end.
4. A sliding catch, or fastening, as for a door or gate; the
portion of a lock which is shot or withdrawn by the action
of the key.
5. An iron to fasten the legs of a prisoner; a shackle; a
Away with him to prison!
lay bolts enough upon him. --Shak.
6. A compact package or roll of cloth, as of canvas or silk,
often containing about forty yards.
7. A bundle, as of oziers.
Bolt auger, an auger of large size; an auger to make holes
for the bolts used by shipwrights.
Bolt and nut, a metallic pin with a head formed upon one
end, and a movable piece (the nut) screwed upon a thread
cut upon the other end. See B, C, and D, in illust. above.
Note: See Tap bolt, Screw bolt, and Stud bolt.