Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Beard grass (0.00950 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Beard grass.
English → English
Definition: Beard grass
(b[=e]rd), n. [OE. berd, AS. beard; akin to Fries.
berd, D. baard, G. bart, Lith. barzda, OSlav. brada, Pol.
broda, Russ. boroda, L. barba, W. barf. Cf. 1st Barb
1. The hair that grows on the chin, lips, and adjacent parts
of the human face, chiefly of male adults.
(a) The long hairs about the face in animals, as in the
(b) The cluster of small feathers at the base of the beak
in some birds
(c) The appendages to the jaw in some Cetacea, and to the
mouth or jaws of some fishes.
(d) The byssus of certain shellfish, as the muscle.
(e) The gills of some bivalves, as the oyster.
(f) In insects, the hairs of the labial palpi of moths and
3. (Bot.) Long or stiff hairs on a plant; the awn; as, the
beard of grain.
4. A barb or sharp point of an arrow or other instrument,
projecting backward to prevent the head from being easily
5. That part of the under side of a horse's lower jaw which
is above the chin, and bears the curb of a bridle.
6. (Print.) That part of a type which is between the shoulder
of the shank and the face.
7. An imposition; a trick. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
(Bot.), a coarse, perennial grass of different
species of the genus Andropogon
To one's beard
, to one's face; in open defiance.