Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Beak(0.01159 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Beak.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: beaklike mouth of animals other than birds (e.g., turtles)
2: horny projecting mouth of a bird [syn: bill, neb, nib,
3: informal terms for the nose [syn: honker, hooter, nozzle,
snoot, snout, schnozzle, schnoz]
v : hit lightly with a picking motion [syn: peck, pick]
English → English (gcide)
Beak \Beak\ (b[=e]k), n. [OE. bek, F. bec, fr. Celtic; cf. Gael.
& Ir. bac, bacc, hook, W. bach.]
(a) The bill or nib of a bird, consisting of a horny
sheath, covering the jaws. The form varies much
according to the food and habits of the bird, and is
largely used in the classification of birds.
(b) A similar bill in other animals, as the turtles.
(c) The long projecting sucking mouth of some insects, and
other invertebrates, as in the Hemiptera.
(d) The upper or projecting part of the shell, near the
hinge of a bivalve.
(e) The prolongation of certain univalve shells containing
2. Anything projecting or ending in a point, like a beak, as
a promontory of land. --Carew.
3. (Antiq.) A beam, shod or armed at the end with a metal
head or point, and projecting from the prow of an ancient
galley, in order to pierce the vessel of an enemy; a
4. (Naut.) That part of a ship, before the forecastle, which
is fastened to the stem, and supported by the main knee.
5. (Arch.) A continuous slight projection ending in an arris
or narrow fillet; that part of a drip from which the water
is thrown off.
6. (Bot.) Any process somewhat like the beak of a bird,
terminating the fruit or other parts of a plant.
7. (Far.) A toe clip. See Clip, n. (Far.).
8. A magistrate or policeman. [Slang, Eng.]