Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Barrier gate (0.00994 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Barrier gate.
English → English
Definition: Barrier gate
, n. [OE. barrere, barere, F. barri[`e]re,
fr. barre bar. See Bar
1. (Fort.) A carpentry obstruction, stockade, or other
obstacle made in a passage in order to stop an enemy.
2. A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a
country, commanding an avenue of approach.
3. pl. A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or
to keep back a crowd.
No sooner were the barriers opened, than he paced
into the lists. --Sir W.
4. Any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or
attack. “Constitutional barriers.”
5. Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
'Twixt that [instinct] and reason, what a nice
, a heavy gate to close the opening through a
, a form of coral reef which runs in the
general direction of the shore, and incloses a lagoon
channel more or less extensive.
To fight at barriers
, to fight with a barrier between, as a
martial exercise. [Obs.]
[1913 Webster] ||