Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Barrel of the ear (0.01248 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Barrel of the ear.
English → English
Definition: Barrel of the ear
(b[a^]r"r[e^]l), n.[OE. barel, F. baril, prob.
fr. barre bar. Cf. Barricade
1. A round vessel or cask, of greater length than breadth,
and bulging in the middle, made of staves bound with
hoops, and having flat ends or heads; as, a cracker
barrel. Sometimes applied to a similar cylindrical
container made of metal, usually called a drum
[1913 Webster +PJC]
2. The quantity which constitutes a full barrel. This varies
for different articles and also in different places for
the same article, being regulated by custom or by law. A
barrel of wine is 311/2 gallons; a barrel of flour is 196
3. A solid drum, or a hollow cylinder or case; as, the barrel
of a windlass; the barrel of a watch, within which the
spring is coiled.
4. A metallic tube, as of a gun, from which a projectile is
5. A jar. [Obs.] --1 Kings xvii. 12.
6. (Zo["o]l.) The hollow basal part of a feather.
(Com.), a measure equal to five cubic feet,
used in estimating capacity, as of a vessel for freight.
(Arch.), a drain in the form of a cylindrical
Barrel of a boiler
, the cylindrical part of a boiler,
containing the flues.
Barrel of the ear
(Anat.), the tympanum, or tympanic
, an instrument for producing music by the
action of a revolving cylinder.
. See under Vault