Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Bard(0.01041 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Bard.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v : put a caparison on; “caparison the horses for the festive
occasion” [syn: caparison, dress up]
n 1: a lyric poet
2: an ornamental caparison for a horse
English → English (gcide)
Bard \Bard\ (b[aum]rd), n. [Of Celtic origin; cf. W. bardd, Arm.
barz, Ir. & Gael. bard, and F. barde.]
1. A professional poet and singer, as among the ancient
Celts, whose occupation was to compose and sing verses in
honor of the heroic achievements of princes and brave men.
2. Hence: A poet; as, the bard of Avon.
Bard \Bard\, Barde \Barde\ (b[aum]rd), n. [F. barde, of doubtful
1. A piece of defensive (or, sometimes, ornamental) armor for
a horse's neck, breast, and flanks; a barb. [Often in the
2. pl. Defensive armor formerly worn by a man at arms.
3. (Cookery) A thin slice of fat bacon used to cover any meat
Bard \Bard\, v. t. (Cookery)
To cover (meat or game) with a thin slice of fat bacon.
Bard \Bard\, n. [Akin to Dan. & Sw. bark, Icel. b["o]rkr, LG. &
1. The exterior covering of the trunk and branches of a tree;
2. Specifically, Peruvian bark.
Bark bed. See Bark stove (below).
Bark pit, a pit filled with bark and water, in which hides
are steeped in tanning.
Bark stove (Hort.), a glazed structure for keeping tropical
plants, having a bed of tanner's bark (called a bark bed)
or other fermentable matter which produces a moist heat.