Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Ban of the empire(0.00907 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Ban of the empire.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Ban of the empire
Ban \Ban\ (b[a^]n), n. [AS. bann command, edict; akin to D. ban,
Icel. bann, Dan. band, OHG. ban, G. bann, a public
proclamation, as of interdiction or excommunication, Gr.
fa`nai to say, L. fari to speak, Skr. bhan to speak; cf. F.
ban, LL. bannum, of G. origin. [root]86. Cf. Abandon,
1. A public proclamation or edict; a public order or notice,
mandatory or prohibitory; a summons by public
2. (Feudal & Mil.) A calling together of the king's (esp. the
French king's) vassals for military service; also, the
body of vassals thus assembled or summoned. In present
usage, in France and Prussia, the most effective part of
the population liable to military duty and not in the
3. pl. Notice of a proposed marriage, proclaimed in church.
See Banns (the common spelling in this sense).
4. An interdiction, prohibition, or proscription. “Under ban
to touch.” --Milton.
5. A curse or anathema. “Hecate's ban.” --Shak.
6. A pecuniary mulct or penalty laid upon a delinquent for
offending against a ban; as, a mulct paid to a bishop by
one guilty of sacrilege or other crimes.
Ban of the empire (German Hist.), an imperial interdict by
which political rights and privileges, as those of a
prince, city, or district, were taken away.