Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Bale tie (0.01024 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Bale tie.
English → English
Definition: Bale tie
, n.; pl. Ties
. [AS. t[=e]ge, t?ge, t[=i]ge.
[root]64. See Tie
, v. t.]
1. A knot; a fastening.
2. A bond; an obligation, moral or legal; as, the sacred ties
of friendship or of duty; the ties of allegiance.
No distance breaks the tie of blood. --Young.
3. A knot of hair, as at the back of a wig. --Young.
4. An equality in numbers, as of votes, scores, etc., which
prevents either party from being victorious; equality in
any contest, as a race.
5. (Arch. & Engin.) A beam or rod for holding two parts
together; in railways, one of the transverse timbers which
support the track and keep it in place.
6. (Mus.) A line, usually straight, drawn across the stems of
notes, or a curved line written over or under the notes,
signifying that they are to be slurred, or closely united
in the performance, or that two notes of the same pitch
are to be sounded as one; a bind; a ligature.
7. pl. Low shoes fastened with lacings.
, a fastening for the ends of a hoop for a bale.