Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Bald coot(0.01084 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Bald coot.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Bald coot
Bald \Bald\ (b[add]ld), a. [OE. balled, ballid, perh. the p. p.
of ball to reduce to the roundness or smoothness of a ball,
by removing hair. [root]85. But cf. W. bali whiteness in a
1. Destitute of the natural or common covering on the head or
top, as of hair, feathers, foliage, trees, etc.; as, a
bald head; a bald oak.
On the bald top of an eminence. --Wordsworth.
2. Destitute of ornament; unadorned; bare; literal.
In the preface to his own bald translation.
3. Undisguised. “ Bald egotism.” --Lowell.
4. Destitute of dignity or value; paltry; mean. [Obs.]
5. (Bot.) Destitute of a beard or awn; as, bald wheat.
(a) Destitute of the natural covering.
(b) Marked with a white spot on the head; bald-faced.
Bald buzzard (Zo["o]l.), the fishhawk or osprey.
Bald coot (Zo["o]l.), a name of the European coot (Fulica atra
), alluding to the bare patch on the front of the