Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Armeria vulgaris (0.00929 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Armeria vulgaris.
English → English
Definition: Armeria vulgaris
, n. [OE. gilofre, gilofer, clove,
OF. girofre, girofle, F. girofle: cf. F. girofl['e]e
gillyflower, fr. girofle, Gr. ? clove tree; ? nut + ? leaf,
akin to E. foliage. Cf. Caryophyllus
[Written also gilliflower
1. A name given by old writers to the clove pink (Dianthus Caryophyllus
) but now to the common stock (Matthiola incana
), a cruciferous plant with showy and fragrant
blossoms, usually purplish, but often pink or white.
2. A kind of apple, of a roundish conical shape, purplish red
color, and having a large core.
, the clove pink.
, the ragged robin (Lychnis Flos-cuculi
, or Winter gillyflower
, the thrift (Armeria vulgaris
, the wallflower (Cheiranthus Cheiri
, the water violet.
Lady's cushion \La“dy's cush”ion\
An herb growing in dense tufts; the thrift (Armeria vulgaris
(thr[i^]ft), n. [Icel. [thorn]rift. See
1. A thriving state; good husbandry; economical management in
regard to property; frugality.
The rest, . . . willing to fall to thrift, prove
very good husbands. --Spenser.
2. Success and advance in the acquisition of property;
increase of worldly goods; gain; prosperity. “Your thrift
is gone full clean.”
I have a mind presages me such thrift. --Shak.
3. Vigorous growth, as of a plant.
4. (Bot.) One of several species of flowering plants of the
(Bot.), Armeria vulgaris
; -- also called
Syn: Frugality; economy; prosperity; gain; profit.