Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Arithmetical complement of a number (0.00859 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Arithmetical complement of a number.
English → English
Definition: Arithmetical complement of a number
, n. [L. complementun: cf. F.
compl['e]ment. See Complete
, v. t., and cf. Compliment
1. That which fills up or completes; the quantity or number
required to fill a thing or make it complete.
2. That which is required to supply a deficiency, or to
complete a symmetrical whole.
History is the complement of poetry. --Sir J.
3. Full quantity, number, or amount; a complete set;
To exceed his complement and number appointed him
which was one hundred and twenty persons. --Hakluyt.
4. (Math.) A second quantity added to a given quantity to
make it equal to a third given quantity.
5. Something added for ornamentation; an accessory. [Obs.]
Without vain art or curious complements. --Spenser.
6. (Naut.) The whole working force of a vessel.
7. (Mus.) The interval wanting to complete the octave; -- the
fourth is the complement of the fifth, the sixth of the
8. A compliment. [Obs.] --Shak.
Arithmetical compliment of a logarithm
. See under
Arithmetical complement of a number
(Math.), the difference
between that number and the next higher power of 10; as, 4
is the complement of 6, and 16 of 84.
Complement of an arc
or Complement of an angle
the difference between that arc or angle and 90[deg].
Complement of a parallelogram
. (Math.) See Gnomon
In her complement
(Her.), said of the moon when represented