Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Applied mathematics (0.01002 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Applied mathematics.
English → English
Definition: applied mathematics
n : the branches of mathematics that are involved in the study
of the physical or biological or sociological world [syn:
English → English
Definition: Applied mathematics
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Applied
; p. pr. & vb. n.
.] [OF. aplier, F. appliquer, fr. L. applicare to
join, fix, or attach to; ad + plicare to fold, to twist
together. See Applicant
1. To lay or place; to put or adjust (one thing to another);
-- with to; as, to apply the hand to the breast; to apply
medicaments to a diseased part of the body.
He said, and the sword his throat applied. --Dryden.
2. To put to use; to use or employ for a particular purpose,
or in a particular case; to appropriate; to devote; as, to
apply money to the payment of a debt.
3. To make use of, declare, or pronounce, as suitable,
fitting, or relative; as, to apply the testimony to the
case; to apply an epithet to a person.
Yet God at last
To Satan, first in sin, his doom applied. --Milton.
4. To fix closely; to engage and employ diligently, or with
attention; to attach; to incline.
Apply thine heart unto instruction. --Prov. xxiii.
5. To direct or address. [R.]
Sacred vows . . . applied to grisly Pluto. --Pope.
6. To betake; to address; to refer; -- used reflexively.
I applied myself to him for help. --Johnson.
7. To busy; to keep at work; to ply. [Obs.]
She was skillful in applying his “humors.”
8. To visit. [Obs.]
And he applied each place so fast. --Chapman.
. See under Chemistry
. See under Mathematics