Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Aid prayer (0.00956 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Aid prayer.
English → English
Definition: Aid prayer
, n. [F. aide, OF. a["i]de, a["i]e, fr. the verb. See
, v. t.]
1. Help; succor; assistance; relief.
An unconstitutional mode of obtaining aid. --Hallam.
2. The person or thing that promotes or helps in something
done; a helper; an assistant.
It is not good that man should be alone; let us make
unto him an aid like unto himself. --Tobit viii.
3. (Eng. Hist.) A subsidy granted to the king by Parliament;
also, an exchequer loan.
4. (Feudal Law) A pecuniary tribute paid by a vassal to his
lord on special occasions. --Blackstone.
5. An aid-de-camp, so called by abbreviation; as, a general's
(Law), a proceeding by which a defendant
beseeches and claims assistance from some one who has a
further or more permanent interest in the matter in suit.
To pray in aid
, to beseech and claim such assistance.