Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Advancing(0.01140 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Advancing.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: moving ahead or toward the front; “advancing armies” [ant: retreating]
2: moving forward [syn: forward, forward-moving]
English → English (gcide)
Advance \Ad*vance"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Advanced; p. pr. &
vb. n. Advancing(#).] [OE. avancen, avauncen, F. avancer,
fr. a supposed LL. abantiare; ab + ante (F. avant) before.
The spelling with d was a mistake, a- being supposed to be
fr. L. ad. See Avaunt.]
1. To bring forward; to move towards the van or front; to
make to go on.
2. To raise; to elevate. [Archaic]
They . . . advanced their eyelids. --Shak.
3. To raise to a higher rank; to promote.
Ahasueres . . . advanced him, and set his seat above
all the princes. --Esther iii.
4. To accelerate the growth or progress; to further; to
forward; to help on; to aid; to heighten; as, to advance
the ripening of fruit; to advance one's interests.
5. To bring to view or notice; to offer or propose; to show;
as, to advance an argument.
Some ne'er advance a judgment of their own. --Pope.
6. To make earlier, as an event or date; to hasten.
7. To furnish, as money or other value, before it becomes
due, or in aid of an enterprise; to supply beforehand; as,
a merchant advances money on a contract or on goods
consigned to him.
8. To raise to a higher point; to enhance; to raise in rate;
as, to advance the price of goods.
9. To extol; to laud. [Obs.]
Greatly advancing his gay chivalry. --Spenser.
Syn: To raise; elevate; exalt; aggrandize; improve; heighten;
accelerate; allege; adduce; assign.