Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Abstract number(0.00931 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Abstract number.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Abstract number
Number \Num"ber\ (n[u^]m"b[~e]r), n. [OE. nombre, F. nombre, L.
numerus; akin to Gr. no`mos that which is dealt out, fr.
ne`mein to deal out, distribute. See Numb, Nomad, and cf.
Numerate, Numero, Numerous.]
1. That which admits of being counted or reckoned; a unit, or
an aggregate of units; a numerable aggregate or collection
of individuals; an assemblage made up of distinct things
expressible by figures.
2. A collection of many individuals; a numerous assemblage; a
Ladies are always of great use to the party they
espouse, and never fail to win over numbers.
3. A numeral; a word or character denoting a number; as, to
put a number on a door.
4. Numerousness; multitude.
Number itself importeth not much in armies where the
people are of weak courage. --Bacon.
5. The state or quality of being numerable or countable.
Of whom came nations, tribes, people, and kindreds
out of number. --2 Esdras
6. Quantity, regarded as made up of an aggregate of separate
7. That which is regulated by count; poetic measure, as
divisions of time or number of syllables; hence, poetry,
verse; -- chiefly used in the plural.
I lisped in numbers, for the numbers came. --Pope.
8. (Gram.) The distinction of objects, as one, or more than
one (in some languages, as one, or two, or more than two),
expressed (usually) by a difference in the form of a word;
thus, the singular number and the plural number are the
names of the forms of a word indicating the objects
denoted or referred to by the word as one, or as more than
9. (Math.) The measure of the relation between quantities or
things of the same kind; that abstract species of quantity
which is capable of being expressed by figures; numerical
Abstract number, Abundant number, Cardinal number, etc.
See under Abstract, Abundant, etc.
In numbers, in numbered parts; as, a book published in