Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Abortive(0.01052 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Abortive.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj : failing to accomplish an intended result; “an abortive
revolt”; “a stillborn plot to assassinate the
President” [syn: stillborn, unsuccessful]
English → English (gcide)
Abortive \A*bor"tive\, a. [L. abortivus, fr. aboriri. See
1. Produced by abortion; born prematurely; as, an abortive
2. Made from the skin of a still-born animal; as, abortive
3. Rendering fruitless or ineffectual. [Obs.] “Plunged in
that abortive gulf.” --Milton.
4. Coming to naught; failing in its effect; miscarrying;
fruitless; unsuccessful; as, an abortive attempt. “An
abortive enterprise.” --Prescott.
5. (Biol.) Imperfectly formed or developed; rudimentary;
sterile; as, an abortive organ, stamen, ovule, etc.
(a) Causing abortion; as, abortive medicines. --Parr.
(b) Cutting short; as, abortive treatment of typhoid
Abortive \A*bor"tive\, n.
1. That which is born or brought forth prematurely; an
abortion. [Obs.] --Shak.
2. A fruitless effort or issue. [Obs.]
3. A medicine to which is attributed the property of causing
abortion; -- also called an abortifacient. --Dunglison.
[1913 Webster +PJC]