Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: A note shaver (0.01357 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to A note shaver.
English → English
Definition: A note shaver
1. One who shaves; one whose occupation is to shave.
2. One who is close in bargains; a sharper. --Swift.
3. One who fleeces; a pillager; a plunderer.
By these shavers the Turks were stripped. --Knolles.
4. A boy; a lad; a little fellow. [Colloq.] “These unlucky
As I have mentioned at the door to this young
shaver, I am on a chase in the name of the king.
5. (Mech.) A tool or machine for shaving.
A note shaver
, a person who buys notes at a discount
greater than the legal rate of interest. [Cant, U.S.]