Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: A chip off the old block (0.00807 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to A chip off the old block.
English → English
Definition: A chip off the old block
1. A piece of wood, stone, or other substance, separated by
an ax, chisel, or cutting instrument.
2. A fragment or piece broken off; a small piece.
3. Wood or Cuban palm leaf split into slips, or straw plaited
in a special manner, for making hats or bonnets.
4. Anything dried up, withered, or without flavor; -- used
5. One of the counters used in poker and other games.
6. (Naut.) The triangular piece of wood attached to the log
. See under Buffalo
, a small ax for chipping timber into shape.
, Chip hat
, a bonnet or a hat made of Chip.
, n., 3.
A chip off the old block
, a child who resembles either of
his parents. [Colloq.] --Milton.
, Saratoga chips
, thin slices of raw potato