Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: turning point(0.01403 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to turning point.
English → English (WordNet)
Definition: turning point
n 1: an event marking a unique or important historical change of
course or one on which important developments depend;
“the agreement was a watershed in the history of both
nations” [syn: landmark, watershed]
2: the intersection of two streets; “standing on the corner
watching all the girls go by” [syn: corner, street corner
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Turning point
Turning \Turn"ing\, n.
1. The act of one who, or that which, turns; also, a winding;
a bending course; a fiexure; a meander.
Through paths and turnings often trod by day.
2. The place of a turn; an angle or corner, as of a road.
It is preached at every turning. --Coleridge.
3. Deviation from the way or proper course. --Harmar.
4. Turnery, or the shaping of solid substances into various
by means of a lathe and cutting tools.
5. pl. The pieces, or chips, detached in the process of
turning from the material turned.
6. (Mil.) A maneuver by which an enemy or a position is
Turning and boring mill, a kind of lathe having a vertical
spindle and horizontal face plate, for turning and boring
Turning bridge. See the Note under Drawbridge.
Turning engine, an engine lathe.
Turning lathe, a lathe used by turners to shape their work.
Turning pair. See the Note under Pair, n.
Turning point, the point upon which a question turns, and
which decides a case.