Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: to face the music(0.01517 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to to face the music.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: to face the music
Face \Face\ (f[=a]s), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Faced; p. pr. & vb.
1. To meet in front; to oppose with firmness; to resist, or
to meet for the purpose of stopping or opposing; to
confront; to encounter; as, to face an enemy in the field
This tempest, and deserve the name of king.
2. To Confront impudently; to bully.
I will neither be facednor braved. --Shak.
3. To stand opposite to; to stand with the face or front
toward; to front upon; as, the apartments of the general
faced the park; some of the seats on the train faced
He gained also with his forces that part of Britain
which faces Ireland. --Milton.
4. To cover in front, for ornament, protection, etc.; to put
a facing upon; as, a building faced with marble.
5. To line near the edge, esp. with a different material; as,
to face the front of a coat, or the bottom of a dress.
6. To cover with better, or better appearing, material than
the mass consists of, for purpose of deception, as the
surface of a box of tea, a barrel of sugar, etc.
7. (Mach.) To make the surface of (anything) flat or smooth;
to dress the face of (a stone, a casting, etc.); esp., in
turning, to shape or smooth the flat surface of, as
distinguished from the cylindrical surface.
8. To cause to turn or present a face or front, as in a
To face down, to put down by bold or impudent opposition.
“He faced men down.” --Prior.
To face (a thing) out, to persist boldly or impudently in
an assertion or in a line of conduct. “That thinks with
oaths to face the matter out.” --Shak.
to face the music to admit error and accept reprimand or
punishment as a consequence for having failed or having
done something wrong; to willingly experience an
unpleasant situation out of a sense of duty or obligation;
as, as soon as he broke the window with the football,
Billy knew he would have to face the music.
[1913 Webster +PJC]