Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: pencil lead(0.01100 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to pencil lead.
English → English (WordNet)
Definition: pencil lead
n : mixture of graphite with clay in different degrees of
hardness; the marking substance in a pencil [syn: lead]
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Pencil lead
Pencil \Pen"cil\, n. [OF. pincel, F. pinceau, L. penicillum,
penicillus, equiv. to peniculus, dim. of penis a tail. Cf.
1. A small, fine brush of hair or bristles used by painters
for laying on colors.
With subtile pencil depainted was this storie.
2. A slender cylinder or strip of black lead, colored chalk,
slate etc., or such a cylinder or strip inserted in a
small wooden rod intended to be pointed, or in a case,
which forms a handle, -- used for drawing or writing. See
3. Hence, figuratively, an artist's ability or peculiar
manner; also, in general, the act or occupation of the
artist, descriptive writer, etc.
4. (Opt.) An aggregate or collection of rays of light,
especially when diverging from, or converging to, a point.
5. (Geom.) A number of lines that intersect in one point, the
point of intersection being called the pencil point.
6. (Med.) A small medicated bougie.
Pencil case, a holder for pencil lead.
Pencil flower (Bot.), an American perennial leguminous herb
Pencil lead, a slender rod of black lead, or the like,
adapted for insertion in a holder.