Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: extractive principle(0.01045 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to extractive principle.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: extractive principle
Extract \Ex"tract`\, n.
1. That which is extracted or drawn out.
2. A portion of a book or document, separately transcribed; a
citation; a quotation.
3. A decoction, solution, or infusion made by dissolving out
from any substance that which gives it its essential and
characteristic virtue; essence; as, extract of beef;
extract of dandelion; also, any substance so extracted,
and characteristic of that from which it is obtained; as,
quinine is the most important extract of Peruvian bark.
4. (Med.) A solid preparation obtained by evaporating a
solution of a drug, etc., or the fresh juice of a plant;
-- distinguished from an abstract. See Abstract, n., 4.
5. (Old Chem.) A peculiar principle once erroneously supposed
to form the basis of all vegetable extracts; -- called
also the extractive principle. [Obs.]
6. Extraction; descent. [Obs.] --South.
7. (Scots Law) A draught or copy of writing; certified copy
of the proceedings in an action and the judgement therein,
with an order for execution. --Tomlins.
Fluid extract (Med.), a concentrated liquid preparation,
containing a definite proportion of the active principles
of a medicinal substance. At present a fluid gram of
extract should represent a gram of the crude drug.