Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To swing round the circle(0.02769 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To swing round the circle.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To swing round the circle
Swing \Swing\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Swung; Archaic imp.
Swang; p. pr. & vb. n. Swinging.] [OE. swingen, AS.
swingan to scourge, to fly, to flutter; akin to G. schwingen
to winnow, to swingle, oscillate, sich schwingen to leap, to
soar, OHG. swingan to throw, to scourge, to soar, Sw. svinga
to swing, to whirl, Dan. svinge. Cf. Swagger, Sway,
1. To move to and fro, as a body suspended in the air; to
wave; to vibrate; to oscillate.
I tried if a pendulum would swing faster, or
continue swinging longer, in case of exsuction of
the air. --Boyle.
2. To sway or move from one side or direction to another; as,
the door swung open.
3. To use a swing; as, a boy swings for exercise or pleasure.
See Swing, n., 3.
4. (Naut.) To turn round by action of wind or tide when at
anchor; as, a ship swings with the tide.
5. To be hanged. [Colloq.] --D. Webster.
To swing round the circle, to make a complete circuit.
He had swung round the circle of theories and
systems in which his age abounded, without finding
relief. --A. V. G.