Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To spring a butt (0.00948 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To spring a butt.
English → English
Definition: To spring a butt
(spr[i^]ng), v. t.
1. To cause to spring up; to start or rouse, as game; to
cause to rise from the earth, or from a covert; as, to
spring a pheasant.
2. To produce or disclose suddenly or unexpectedly; as, to
spring a surprise on someone; to spring a joke.
She starts, and leaves her bed, and springs a light.
The friends to the cause sprang a new project.
3. To cause to explode; as, to spring a mine.
4. To crack or split; to bend or strain so as to weaken; as,
to spring a mast or a yard.
5. To cause to close suddenly, as the parts of a trap
operated by a spring; as, to spring a trap.
6. To bend by force, as something stiff or strong; to force
or put by bending, as a beam into its sockets, and
allowing it to straighten when in place; -- often with in,
out, etc.; as, to spring in a slat or a bar.
7. To pass over by leaping; as, to spring a fence.
8. To release (a person) from confinement, especially from a
To spring a butt
(Naut.), to loosen the end of a plank in a
To spring a leak
(Naut.), to begin to leak.
To spring an arch
(Arch.), to build an arch; -- a common
term among masons; as, to spring an arch over a lintel.
To spring a rattle
, to cause a rattle to sound. See
, under Watchman
To spring the luff
(Naut.), to ease the helm, and sail
nearer to the wind than before; -- said of a vessel.
To spring a mast
or To spring a spar
(Naut.), to strain
it so that it is unserviceable.