Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To savor of the pan(0.01514 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To savor of the pan.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To savor of the pan
Pan \Pan\, n. [OE. panne, AS. panne; cf. D. pan, G. pfanne, OHG.
pfanna, Icel., Sw., LL., & Ir. panna, of uncertain origin;
cf. L. patina, E. paten.]
1. A shallow, open dish or vessel, usually of metal, employed
for many domestic uses, as for setting milk for cream, for
frying or baking food, etc.; also employed for various
uses in manufacturing. “A bowl or a pan.” --Chaucer.
2. (Manuf.) A closed vessel for boiling or evaporating. See
Vacuum pan, under Vacuum.
3. The part of a flintlock which holds the priming.
4. The skull, considered as a vessel containing the brain;
the upper part of the head; the brainpan; the cranium.
5. (Carp.) A recess, or bed, for the leaf of a hinge.
6. The hard stratum of earth that lies below the soil. See
Hard pan, under Hard.
7. A natural basin, containing salt or fresh water, or mud.
Flash in the pan. See under Flash.
To savor of the pan, to suggest the process of cooking or
burning; in a theological sense, to be heretical.