Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To rest with (0.00894 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To rest with.
English → English
Definition: To rest with
(r[e^]st), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Rested
; p. pr. &
vb. n. Resting
.] [AS. restan. See Rest
1. To cease from action or motion, especially from action
which has caused weariness; to desist from labor or
God . . . rested on the seventh day from all his
work which he had made. --Gen. ii. 2.
Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh
day thou shalt rest. --Ex. xxiii.
2. To be free from whanever wearies or disturbs; to be quiet
There rest, if any rest can harbor there. --Milton.
3. To lie; to repose; to recline; to lan; as, to rest on a
4. To stand firm; to be fixed; to be supported; as, a column
rests on its pedestal.
5. To sleep; to slumber; hence, poetically, to be dead.
Fancy . . . then retries
Into her private cell when Nature rests. --Milton.
6. To lean in confidence; to trust; to rely; to repose
without anxiety; as, to rest on a man's promise.
On him I rested, after long debate,
And not without considering, fixed ?? fate.
7. To be satisfied; to acquiesce.
To rest in Heaven's determination. --Addison.
To rest with
, to be in the power of; to depend upon; as, it
rests with him to decide.