Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To rate a chronometer(0.00990 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To rate a chronometer.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To rate a chronometer
Rate \Rate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Rated; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To set a certain estimate on; to value at a certain price
To rate a man by the nature of his companions is a
rule frequent indeed, but not infallible. --South.
You seem not high enough your joys to rate.
2. To assess for the payment of a rate or tax.
3. To settle the relative scale, rank, position, amount,
value, or quality of; as, to rate a ship; to rate a
seaman; to rate a pension.
4. To ratify. [Obs.] “To rate the truce.” --Chapman.
To rate a chronometer, to ascertain the exact rate of its
gain or loss as compared with true time, so as to make an
allowance or computation dependent thereon.
Syn: To value; appraise; estimate; reckon.
Chronometer \Chro*nom"e*ter\, n. [Gr. ? time + -meter: cf. F.
1. An instrument for measuring time; a timekeeper.
2. A portable timekeeper, with a heavy compensation balance,
and usually beating half seconds; -- intended to keep time
with great accuracy for use an astronomical observations,
in determining longitude, etc.
3. (Mus.) A metronome.
Box chronometer. See under Box.
Pocket chronometer, a chronometer in the form of a large
To rate a chronometer. See Rate, v. t.