Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To preach up (0.01110 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To preach up.
English → English
Definition: To preach up
, v. t.
1. To proclaim by public discourse; to utter in a sermon or a
formal religious harangue.
That Cristes gospel truly wolde preche. --Chaucer.
The Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings
unto the meek. --Isa. lxi. 1.
2. To inculcate in public discourse; to urge with earnestness
by public teaching. “I have preached righteousness in the
--Ps. xl. 9.
3. To deliver or pronounce; as, to preach a sermon.
4. To teach or instruct by preaching; to inform by preaching.
[R.] “As ye are preached.”
5. To advise or recommend earnestly.
My master preaches patience to him. --Shak.
To preach down
, to oppress, or humiliate by preaching.
To preach up
, to exalt by preaching; to preach in support
of; as, to preach up equality.