Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To pitch into (0.00767 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To pitch into.
English → English
Definition: To pitch into
, v. t. [OE. picchen; akin to E. pick, pike.]
1. To throw, generally with a definite aim or purpose; to
cast; to hurl; to toss; as, to pitch quoits; to pitch hay;
to pitch a ball.
2. To thrust or plant in the ground, as stakes or poles;
hence, to fix firmly, as by means of poles; to establish;
to arrange; as, to pitch a tent; to pitch a camp.
3. To set, face, or pave with rubble or undressed stones, as
an embankment or a roadway. --Knight.
4. To fix or set the tone of; as, to pitch a tune.
5. To set or fix, as a price or value. [Obs.] --Shak.
, a general battle; a battle in which the
hostile forces have fixed positions; -- in distinction
from a skirmish.
To pitch into
, to attack; to assault; to abuse. [Slang]