Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To lay wait(0.01519 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To lay wait.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To lay wait
Wait \Wait\, n. [OF. waite, guaite, gaite, F. guet watch,
watching, guard, from OHG. wahta. See Wait, v. i.]
1. The act of waiting; a delay; a halt.
There is a wait of three hours at the border Mexican
town of El Paso. --S. B.
2. Ambush. “An enemy in wait.” --Milton.
3. One who watches; a watchman. [Obs.]
4. pl. Hautboys, or oboes, played by town musicians; not used
in the singular. [Obs.] --Halliwell.
5. pl. Musicians who sing or play at night or in the early
morning, especially at Christmas time; serenaders; musical
watchmen. [Written formerly wayghtes.]
Hark! are the waits abroad? --Beau. & Fl.
The sound of the waits, rude as may be their
minstrelsy, breaks upon the mild watches of a winter
night with the effect of perfect harmony. --W.
To lay wait, to prepare an ambuscade.
To lie in wait. See under 4th Lie.