Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To challenge to the(0.01004 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To challenge to the.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To challenge to the
Challenge \Chal"lenge\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Challenged; p. pr.
& vb. n. Challenging.] [OE. chalengen to accuse, claim, OF.
chalengier, chalongier, to claim, accuse, dispute, fr. L.
calumniar to attack with false accusations. See Challenge,
n., and cf. Calumniate.]
1. To call to a contest of any kind; to call to answer; to
I challenge any man to make any pretense to power by
right of fatherhood. --Locke.
2. To call, invite, or summon to answer for an offense by
By this I challenge him to single fight. --Shak.
3. To claim as due; to demand as a right.
Challenge better terms. --Addison.
4. To censure; to blame. [Obs.]
He complained of the emperors . . . and challenged
them for that he had no greater revenues . . . from
5. (Mil.) To question or demand the countersign from (one who
attempts to pass the lines); as, the sentinel challenged
us, with “Who comes there?”
6. To take exception to; question; as, to challenge the
accuracy of a statement or of a quotation.
7. (Law) To object to or take exception to, as to a juror, or
member of a court.
8. To object to the reception of the vote of, as on the
ground that the person in not qualified as a voter. [U.
To challenge to thearray, favor, polls. See under