Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To arm a magnet(0.01006 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To arm a magnet.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To arm a magnet
Arm \Arm\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Armed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Arming.] [OE. armen, F. armer, fr. L. armare, fr. arma,
pl., arms. See arms.]
1. To take by the arm; to take up in one's arms. [Obs.]
And make him with our pikes and partisans
A grave: come, arm him. --Shak.
Arm your prize;
I know you will not lose him. --Two N. Kins.
2. To furnish with arms or limbs. [R.]
His shoulders broad and strong,
Armed long and round. --Beau. & Fl.
3. To furnish or equip with weapons of offense or defense;
as, to arm soldiers; to arm the country.
Abram . . . armed his trained servants. --Gen. xiv.
4. To cover or furnish with a plate, or with whatever will
add strength, force, security, or efficiency; as, to arm
the hit of a sword; to arm a hook in angling.
5. Fig.: To furnish with means of defense; to prepare for
resistance; to fortify, in a moral sense.
Arm yourselves . . . with the same mind. --1 Pet.
To arm a magnet, to fit it with an armature.