Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To accept a bill(0.00972 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To accept a bill.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To accept a bill
Accept \Ac*cept"\ ([a^]k*s[e^]pt"), v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Accepted; p. pr. & vb. n. Accepting.] [F. accepter, L.
acceptare, freq. of accipere; ad + capere to take; akin to E.
1. To receive with a consenting mind (something offered); as,
to accept a gift; -- often followed by of.
If you accept them, then their worth is great.
To accept of ransom for my son. --Milton.
She accepted of a treat. --Addison.
2. To receive with favor; to approve.
The Lord accept thy burnt sacrifice. --Ps. xx. 3.
Peradventure he will accept of me. --Gen. xxxii. 20.
3. To receive or admit and agree to; to assent to; as, I
accept your proposal, amendment, or excuse.
4. To take by the mind; to understand; as, How are these
words to be accepted?
5. (Com.) To receive as obligatory and promise to pay; as, to
accept a bill of exchange. --Bouvier.
6. In a deliberate body, to receive in acquittance of a duty
imposed; as, to accept the report of a committee. [This
makes it the property of the body, and the question is
then on its adoption.]
To accept a bill (Law), to agree (on the part of the
drawee) to pay it when due.
To accept service (Law), to agree that a writ or process
shall be considered as regularly served, when it has not
To accept the person (Eccl.), to show favoritism. “God
accepteth no man's person.” --Gal. ii. 6.
Syn: To receive; take; admit. See Receive.