Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Sweat box(0.01125 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Sweat box.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Sweat box
Sweat \Sweat\, n. [Cf. OE. swot, AS. sw[=a]t. See Sweat, v.
1. (Physiol.) The fluid which is excreted from the skin of an
animal; the fluid secreted by the sudoriferous glands; a
transparent, colorless, acid liquid with a peculiar odor,
containing some fatty acids and mineral matter;
perspiration. See Perspiration.
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread.
2. The act of sweating; or the state of one who sweats;
hence, labor; toil; drudgery. --Shak.
3. Moisture issuing from any substance; as, the sweat of hay
or grain in a mow or stack. --Mortimer.
4. The sweating sickness. [Obs.] --Holinshed.
5. (Man.) A short run by a race horse in exercise.
Sweat box (Naut.), a small closet in which refractory men
Sweat glands (Anat.), sudoriferous glands. See under
sweat suit A suit comprising a top and trousers, having
full arms and legs, used while performing physical
exercises, esp. out-of-doors.
Sweat equity The rights to a portion of ownership or
profit, hypothetically owned by a worker who participated
in producing a product, such as in improving a piece of