Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Silent partner(0.01046 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Silent partner.
English → English (WordNet)
Definition: silent partner
n : a partner (who usually provides capital) whose association
with the enterprise is not public knowledge [syn: sleeping partner
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Silent partner
Silent \Si"lent\, a. [L. silens, -entis, p. pr. of silere to be
silent; akin to Goth. ana-silan.]
1. Free from sound or noise; absolutely still; perfectly
How silent is this town! --Shak.
2. Not speaking; indisposed to talk; speechless; mute;
taciturn; not loquacious; not talkative.
Ulysses, adds he, was the most eloquent and most
silent of men. --Broome.
This new-created world, whereof in hell
Fame is not silent. --Milton.
3. Keeping at rest; inactive; calm; undisturbed; as, the wind
is silent. --Parnell. Sir W. Raleigh.
4. (Pron.) Not pronounced; having no sound; quiescent; as, e
is silent in “fable.”
5. Having no effect; not operating; inefficient. [R.]
Cause . . . silent, virtueless, and dead. --Sir W.
Silent partner. See Dormant partner, under Dormant.
Syn: Mute; taciturn; dumb; speechless; quiet; still. See
Mute, and Taciturn.
Partner \Part"ner\ (p[aum]rt"n[~e]r), n. [For parcener,
influenced by part.]
1. One who has a part in anything with an other; a partaker;
an associate; a sharer. “Partner of his fortune.”
(a) A husband or a wife.
(b) Either one of a couple who dance together.
(c) One who shares as a member of a partnership in the
management, or in the gains and losses, of a business.
My other self, the partner of my life. --Milton.
2. (Law) An associate in any business or occupation; a member
of a partnership. See Partnership.
3. pl. (Naut.) A framework of heavy timber surrounding an
opening in a deck, to strengthen it for the support of a
mast, pump, capstan, or the like.
Dormant partner, or Silent partner. See under Dormant,
Syn: Associate; colleague; coadjutor; confederate; partaker;
participator; companion; comrade; mate.