Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Rank modus(0.01409 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Rank modus.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Rank modus
Rank \Rank\ (r[a^][ng]k), a. [Compar. Ranker
(r[a^][ng]k"[~e]r); superl. Rankest.] [AS. ranc strong,
proud; cf. D. rank slender, Dan. rank upright, erect, Prov.
G. rank slender, Icel. rakkr slender, bold. The meaning seems
to have been influenced by L. rancidus, E. rancid.]
1. Luxuriant in growth; of vigorous growth; exuberant; grown
to immoderate height; as, rank grass; rank weeds.
And, behold, seven ears of corn came up upon one
stalk, rank and good. --Gen. xli. 5.
2. Raised to a high degree; violent; extreme; gross; utter;
as, rank heresy. “Rank nonsense.” --Hare. “I do forgive
thy rankest fault.” --Shak.
3. Causing vigorous growth; producing luxuriantly; very rich
and fertile; as, rank land. --Mortimer.
4. Strong-scented; rancid; musty; as, oil of a rank smell;
rank-smelling rue. --Spenser.
5. Strong to the taste. “Divers sea fowls taste rank of the
fish on which they feed.” --Boyle.
6. Inflamed with venereal appetite. [Obs.] --Shak.
Rank modus (Law), an excessive and unreasonable modus. See
To set (the iron of a plane, etc.) rank, to set so as to
take off a thick shaving. --Moxon.