Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Perspective glass (0.00737 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Perspective glass.
English → English
Definition: Perspective glass
, n. [F. perspective, fr. perspectif:
cf. It. perspettiva. See Perspective
1. A glass through which objects are viewed. [Obs.] “Not a
perspective, but a mirror.”
--Sir T. Browne.
2. That which is seen through an opening; a view; a vista.
“The perspective of life.”
3. The effect of distance upon the appearance of objects, by
means of which the eye recognized them as being at a more
or less measurable distance. Hence, a["e]rial perspective,
the assumed greater vagueness or uncertainty of outline in
A["e]rial perspective is the expression of space by
any means whatsoever, sharpness of edge, vividness
of color, etc. --Ruskin.
4. The art and the science of so delineating objects that
they shall seem to grow smaller as they recede from the
eye; -- called also linear perspective
5. A drawing in linear perspective.
, an inaccurate term for a
mechanical way of representing objects in the direction of
the diagonal of a cube.
, a telescope which shows objects in the