Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Paddle shaft (0.00921 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Paddle shaft.
English → English
Definition: Paddle shaft
, n. [See Paddle
, v. i.]
1. An implement with a broad blade, which is used without a
fixed fulcrum in propelling and steering canoes and boats.
2. The broad part of a paddle, with which the stroke is made;
hence, any short, broad blade, resembling that of a
paddle, such as that used in table tennis.
Thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon. --Deut.
3. One of the broad boards, or floats, at the circumference
of a water wheel, or paddle wheel.
4. A small gate in sluices or lock gates to admit or let off
water; -- also called clough
5. (Zo["o]l.) A paddle-shaped foot, as of the sea turtle.
6. A paddle-shaped implement for stirring or mixing.
7. [In this sense prob. for older spaddle, a dim. of spade.]
See Paddle staff
(b), below. [Prov. Eng.]
(Shipbuilding), one of two large timbers
supporting the spring beam and paddle box of a steam
. See Paddle
, n., 3.
, the revolving shaft which carries the paddle
wheel of a steam vessel.
(a) A staff tipped with a broad blade, used by mole
catchers. [Prov. Eng.]
(b) A long-handled spade used to clean a plowshare; --
called also plow staff
. [Prov. Eng.]
, a steam vessel propelled by paddle wheels,
in distinction from a screw propeller.
, the propelling wheel of a steam vessel,
having paddles (or floats) on its circumference, and
revolving in a vertical plane parallel to the vessel's